The RHQ team is proud to have released version 4.2 of the systems management and monitoring framework.
This release focuses on:
- UI enhancements / bug fixing
- Completion of drift management (this allows you to e.g. detect changes to files on your managed platform and to alert on such drift)
- Improvements in server config sync (you can basically take (parts of) the configuration of one RHQ server and apply it to a different RHQ server).
In addition to that, the release is the very first to have a (limited) REST interface. Another change is the added support for PostgreSQL 9.1.
We want to thank
- Ted Won for contributing Korean installer messages
- Rafael Torres for improvements to the Twitter plugins (OAuth support)
- All community members that provided input and bug reports
As always check the release notes for a more complete list of changes. You can get the downloads from sourceforge. And please provide us feedback; for the REST interface we are also looking for usage examples.
Heiko Rupp will showcase RHQ 4.2 at the November meeting of the London JBUG.